English Tea Scones
For a traditional tea party, you would be serving scones and clotted cream with strawberry jam. Very English! Here is the recipe:
8 ounces of flour and baking powder
pinch of salt
1oz caster sugar
5fl oz milk
1. Heat the oven to 425F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.
3. Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get soft dough.
4. Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round Â¾ inch thick. Use a 2 inch cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
5. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
6. Cool on a wire rack and serve with butter and good jam and maybe some clotted cream.
Buy some inexpensive crown cookie cutters, and make two cookies per child. Provide kids with pink frosting and sprinkles and let them decorate these edible crowns! The cookies can then be part of the snacks.
Other Tea Party Treats
Cupcakes will also do nicely for a tea party. Decorate them with pink frosting and colorful sugar beans.
Have some strawberries covered in chocolate as well. Cucumber sandwiches and cream cheese are a must at a tea party, and don't forget the ever so popular peanut butter and jam sandwiches too!