Easy Steps for Making A Pinata
To make a round pinata:
- Blow a round balloon
- Add 2 oz of glue (half a bottle of school glue) into a bowl and thin with 3 cups of water. Many people use flour and water to make a sticky paste, but we prefer to use glue for "non-perishable" pinatas... :)
- Tear newspapers into strips, dip them in the glue and stick all around the balloon.
- Cover the balloon with 4 layers of newspaper strips.
- Let the balloon dry.
- Paint the pinata in a solid color.
- Cut crepe paper into strips and cut a fringe along one edge.
- Stick strips along the opposite edge of the fringe all around the pinata until it is fully covered. You can also use crepe streamers instead of strips of crepe paper.
- Pop balloon.
- Add cones to create a traditional Mexican star pinata or use our free templates to create a pig or bear pinata! Make 2 holes at the top of your pinata and insert a piece of rope to hang your pinata from the ceiling or from a tree branch.
Congrats! you have created a pinata, now learn how to play the traditional pinata game or how to convert your pinata into a Pull String Pinata.