These yarn spiders make great Halloween decorations and fun party favors to put in a pinata or treat sacks! Decorate your table, hang them from lamps and ceiling or use as party favors that kids can take home.
Blue, Purple or Black Yarn
Black Pipe Cleaners
1. Wrap yarn around extended hand, about 50 times or until yarn wrapping is thick around hand.
2. Introduce 3 pipe cleaners (about 4" long each) through yarn wrapping, letting them stick out each side.
3. Use a long piece of yarn (about 5" long) to tie yarn wrapping at the center, together with pipe cleaners. Have someone help you tie wrapping and cleaners tightly so the cleaners won't come out or move.
4. Take out your hand and cut the ends of the wrapping and mess up yarn ends to make it look like a pompom. Bend pipe cleaners down to make the spider's legs.
5. Glue the wiggly eyes to the front of the spider... that's it!
You can also add color to your Halloween party alternating orange spiders with black ones, or even spiders of all colors!
Yarn spiders are very easy to make... you can have some as party decorations or party favors, or you can provide kids with materials and help them make them during your Halloween party... kids will love this cute gifts but will enjoy even more making them themselves! This will be a fun Halloween party activity that will keep kids entertained. It can also be planned out at school to decorate the classroom for Halloween.